Terms & Conditions
- The following terms and conditions are the terms on which Unity Holdings Limited trading as RazorSharp Knives offers you access to the services and use of our Website. Throughout the site, the terms 'we', 'us' and 'our' refer to Unity Holdings Limited trading as Razor Sharp Knives. Our Website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, are conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
- By visiting our site and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our 'Service' and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants and /or contributors of content.
- These terms and conditions are effective from 1st September 2020 and will replace all earlier Unity Holdings Ltd terms of trade and any conditions contained in any document used by you and purporting to have contractual effect.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notification.
- To make a purchase from our online shop, you must be 18 years of age or over.
- If you are purchasing on behalf of another entity such as a company, you warrant you have the authorisation to agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the entity.
Availability and Supply
- All orders are subject to the availability of those products or services. If for any reason a Product is not available, we will endeavour to notify the non-availability on our online shop.
Delivery and delivery charges
- Prices for goods and services stated on our Website are exclusive of any applicable delivery charges.
- We only deliver to New Zealand street addresses, and a total delivery cost will be provided in the order summary in your online shopping basket.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that orders for tangible goods will be dispatched promptly after an order has been placed and payment received.
- Orders are sent tracked, signature required, to protect you and us. After the order is processed and packaged, we will send an email with your tracking number. Please ensure you check your spam and junk folder. If you have an ATL (authority to leave) in place we will not be liable for any losses or damage
- Your purchase is well packaged and leaves us in perfect condition. We recommend you do not sign for your package if it appears to have been damaged in transit.
- All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and are inclusive of any Goods and Services Tax ("GST") unless stated to be otherwise but are exclusive of delivery charges. All prices are correct when published. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time.
- Sale items, specials and clearance items are only at the pricing shown while stocks last. If we have to re-order a sales or specials item, the sale or special price does not apply, and it will be sold at the original retail price.
- An invoice will be emailed to you at the email address you supply when you place your order. You are responsible for ensuring that your contact and delivery details are correct.
Credit Card Security
- All payments are processed via the Stripe secure payments system to ensure high levels of payment security and are subject to Stripe terms and conditions. Click here to view Stripe terms: https://stripe.com/nz/checkout/legal
Shipping and delivery
- We only deliver to New Zealand street addresses and a total delivery cost will be provided in the order summary in your online shopping basket. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that orders for tangible goods will be dispatched promptly after an order has been placed.
- We use Courier Post and Aramex for all deliveries. A signature will be required on delivery.
- We offer free delivery on all knife purchases for a single transaction order totalling $300.00 and over. Orders totalling $299.99 and below will incur a flat rate delivery costs.
- North Island $12.00*
- South Island $20.00*
*Excludes rural delivery and delivery to New Zealand offshore islands.
How do I check the status of my order?
- When your order has shipped, an email notification will be sent to the email address you have provided us which will include a tracking number. Please visit the Courier Post website at https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/tracking or the Aramex website https://www.aramex.co.nz › tools › track to check its status. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
- If you have not received your order within 14-working days of receiving your shipping confirmation email, please contact us with your name and order number.
Refunds, returns, and exchanges
- We do not have to provide a refund if you have changed your mind about a particular purchase, so please choose carefully.
- Discounted, sale and reduced RRP priced items cannot be refunded or exchanged
- If there is an issue with your purchase, before returning any items, please contact us within 48 hours of receipt of the items.
- Products must be returned unused and in perfect condition. They also need to be in the original undamaged packaging.
- Pictures and measurements on the RazorSharp Knives website may differ marginally from the actual products, and we do not exchange or refund because of visual reasons or if measurements vary a few millimetres.
- Returned items must be properly packed to prevent damage. Please notify us of the tracking number so we can follow the progress of the parcel.
- If you receive goods that are faulty or defective in any way, we will honour our commitments under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand) to provide a remedy.
- If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Where you acquire or hold yourself out as acquiring goods or services from us for the purposes of a business, the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply. The conditions, warranties and guarantees set out in the Sale of Goods Act 1908 or otherwise implied by statute or common law will not apply and are excluded from these terms of trade.
- We will always endeavour to have complete and accurate information on our Website but to the greatest extent permissible by law we assume no responsibility for the completeness and current accuracy of the information provided on our Website.
- To the greatest extent permissible by law, we exclude all liability we may have to you for any claim except where we have acted in bad faith. This exclusion also applies for the benefit of every officer, employee, contractor, agent of us and anyone else we use to perform our duties or provide services under any agreement you have with us. None of the persons specified above is liable or has to pay you for anything else in connection with or resulting from anything any of us does or does not do, or delays in doing, whether or not it is contemplated or authorised by any agreement you have with us. This exclusion applies whatever you are claiming for and in whatever way liability might arise. This exclusion does not limit any inalienable rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Our maximum liability to you (if any) shall be limited to the value of any faulty products or services supplied by us and we, our employees, contractors and agents, will not be liable to you for loss or damage of any kind however that loss or damage is caused or arises.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
- Unless we otherwise agree in writing, this agreement contains all the terms of our relationship and continues to apply no matter where you are located at the time any goods or services are provided to you by us and irrespective of the location where you reside.
- Use of our Website, supply of products or services by us to you and any other matter arising from these Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of New Zealand. The Courts of New Zealand shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with these terms of trade, or with the use of Website or supply of any services.
- Where you or any other person who you act for, or who you permit to act for you supplies incorrect information for the purchase of a product or service and we incur cost in any matter concerning that name then we may recover the costs incurred by us from you (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis).
- You agree to use our Website, products, and services in accordance with the applicable laws of the country or countries where your business or organisation is based.
Collection of information:
- We may collect information from you through your use of our website when you request information from us or engage our services or purchase products.
- By using any of our services, including our website, and providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as set out in this policy. Please do not send us any personal information if you do not want it to be used in this way.
- A number of areas on our website invite you to provide us with personal information. For example, your names and email address.The purpose of the information collection is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information.
- If you sign up to receive a RazorSharp Knives newsletter you agree to receive information relating to RazorSharp Knives. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter mailing list at any time.
- If you have purchased from us or in the process of purchasing from us, we may deliver notices to you by sending them to an email address that you have provided to advise you on information about your order or cart status. You can unsubscribe from our notices at any time by contacting us.
- The RazorSharp Knives website uses server logs and web analytic tools (such as cookies and other tracking technologies). Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device by websites you visit. When you use this website these tools collect information such as what browser and operating system you use, the internet protocol address of the device you have used to access the website, search terms, your location and what content you view when visiting our website. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You consent to and understand that your personal information may be transferred, processed and stored outside of New Zealand if our website is hosted outside New Zealand.
- You can set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. If you do set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to access all the features of the website.
Third party providers - Analytics:
- We may use third party Service Providers to assist us to analyse how our website is used. These Service Providers have access to your personal information only to enable them to perform these tasks on our behalf and they may not disclose it or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please Click here to visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
Third party providers – Targeting and Remarketing:
- We may also use third party vendors for remarketing. This allows us to advertise to you on third party websites after you leave our website. We may do this via cookies and Facebook pixels located on our website.
- Most third party vendors allow you to opt-out or amend your settings. (3) Click here to complete this for Google, and Click here for Facebook.
- Some third party vendors allow us to create Custom Audiences feature so that we can target advertising at you. If you wish to opt out of this please contact us.
Use of information:
- We will only use personal information that you provide to us for the purposes for which you supplied it or, in exceptional situations, for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 2020.
- We generally do not share your personal information with others unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you gave us the information. We may share your information with any business that supports our services or products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide this website or other services or products.
- While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information about you we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
Access to and correction of information:
- We will provide you with access to any personal information we hold about you. If it is wrong please ask us to correct it. To ask for access and correction, see our contact details.